Monday 15 October 2012

An Oxford Dinner Winner

Food glorious food,
Food, glorious food!
Hot sausage and mustard!
While we're in the mood --
Cold jelly and custard!...

Food is indeed glorious and Britain is home to great, hearty foods which are perfect for our grey and cold Autumn days. At OISE Oxford we are great fans of traditional British fare such as the Sunday roast, Bangers and Mash, Beef Wellington, Steak and Ale Pie, Fish and Chips, Toad-in-the-hole to name a few. These filling foods are a perfect treat at the end of a chilly day!

Today, I will be cooking toad-in-the-hole, a particular favourite. I will be following Nigel Slater’s recipe which recommends skinless sausages and a couple of added extras… I bought my sausages from the historical Covered Market just by OISE Oxford at lunchtime. I hope this will be a dinner winner with all my friends.














We would also recommend this as the soundtrack while preparing this delicious meal

Please be in touch with samantha.bardsley@oise.com for more British recommended food recipes.
Author: Samantha Bardsley



No comments:

Post a Comment