Monday 26 November 2012

Student Spotlight: Claudia Tomas


Last week we welcomed Claudia Tomas, possibly our first ever florist, to OISE. She tells us a bit about herself and her experiences in the interview below:

First of all, where are you from?
I live in northern Italy, in the mountains. It is a very popular destination for tourists as it is a great place for walking and skiing.

And where do you work?
I work at a florists called ‘Verde Primiero’ in Mezzano who arrange flower displays for balconies and occasions such as weddings, birthdays and christenings.

How long have you been a florist?
I have been a florist for around 20 years now.

Do you have a favourite flower?
Yes, orchids.

Where are most of the flowers you use from?
I mainly use flowers from Holland and northern Italy.

Do you have a favourite British flower?
Yes, we often have requests for David Austin roses. People like these old English roses.

What was your reason for coming to OISE Oxford and have you enjoyed your time with us?
Out of personal interest. This is a holiday for me. Yes, I have really enjoyed my time here and I have learnt a lot.

How was your experience with your host family? 
It was fantastic! I particularly enjoyed talking to my host mother over meals. That really helped me with my English.

Do you hope to come back?
Yes, hopefully at around the same time next year to celebrate my birthday again!

No comments:

Post a Comment