Friday 18 January 2013

Student Spotlight - Luca Bizzarri

Italian actor, comedian and mainstream celebrity, Luca Bizzarri, arrived to OISE Oxford this week for some intensive English tuition. We thought that we would take this opportunity to involve him in one of our Student Spotlight sessions, and this is what we asked him:

Q. Hi Luca, thank you very much for taking the time to speak with us today! Whereabouts in Italy are you from?

> Well, originally I come from the north of Italy, Genoa, but now I am living in Milan.

Q. And why do you want to improve your English and what is your end goal?

> Well, my goal is to be able to act in English. I aim to have acting roles in English speaking films and series. For me I see it like a fresh start. It will be a challenge for me to start from the beginning in another language.

Q. What kind of English programme are you taking?

> I am taking the Tutorial 20 programme (4 hours each day of individual tuition). I work on general English, but the tutor also adapts the class to my profession, acting. Today, for example, my tutor and I were pretending to act in our class.

Q. What kind of acting have you done in the past?

> I have been in theatre, movies (mainly comedy and drama) and I am also a stand up comedian.

Q. Obviously you are very well known, especially in Italy - do you enjoy being famous?

> Yes, I like it, but I also enjoying being here in Oxford where nobody knows who I am. I am more shy here as English is not my native language, but I am also shy in Italy.

Q. Has anybody recognised you in Oxford?

> Yes, two Italians.

Q. If you were talking to your friends back in Italy about your time in Oxford, how would you decribe your experience at OISE Oxford?

> Well, to be honest, I won't tell anyone because I want to be the only Italian!
In February I will come back to the school. In the summer I am also thinking to rent a house in Oxford for a month or so with my dog!





If you would like to hear more about Luca, he keeps half a million followers updated on his Twitter page: https://twitter.com/LucaBizzarri. Most of his tweets are in Italian, but hopefully we'll be seeing some English on there in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment